”Identity Theft - Anyone who possesses and fraudulently uses with the intent to fraudulently use, someone else’s personal identifying information and who doesn’t have the consent of the owner commits the crime of fraudulent use of personal identification information.
When Do You Contact
A Tampa Criminal Defense
Lawyer Regarding Identity Theft?
IdentityTheft is a felony in the State of Florida. Anyone charged with Identity Theft in Tampa should seek immediate counsel with a Tampa criminal defense lawyer.
What is Identity Theft?
(1) Knowingly or intentionally possessed, (2) without permission (consent), (3) the personal identification of another person in any form (it does not matter whether it is physical or whether it is on the Internet). The courts have made distinctions where parents or guardians holding the I.D.’s of their children, employers engaging in the regular course of business or the Good Samaritan acting diligently to return a lost wallet are not considered amongst those who committed identify theft.
What are common types of Identity Theft?
The most common type of identity theft occurs at time where one loses their driver license or their license was stolen. The reason being, our driver’s license contain within them our full name, address, and other personal identification. The listed information is enough by a thief to attack one’s personal property. Other forms of identification include but are not limited to social security cards, the theft of Medical I.D.s, individuals posing as someone else when engaging in a crime and individuals posing as someone else to withdraw funds from a bank account.
Should I Hire a Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Florida’s penalties for Identity theft are severe and our Tampa criminal defense lawyers examine carefully every element of your case to provide you with the best possible defense at this difficult point in your life. Furthermore, defending Identity theft charges requires the understanding of complex defenses which are unique to these types of cases. Contacting a criminal defense attorney early on ensures you’re not missing out from defenses that may not be available later on down the line.
All cases vary and the defenses for each are unique to thier situation. it would be near impossible to list all the potential defenses to Identity theft, however below are some of the more popular defenses:
- Parents holding identification;
- Guardians holding identification;
- Employers engaging in regular course of business;
- Good Samaritan returning lost identification;
Finding an Identity Theft Attorney In Tampa
If you have been charged with identity theft and you're in need of legal help, contact a criminal defense lawyer at The Law Office of Mahmud Yennes. We will work hard on your case!Free Consultation