”Driving Under The Influence (DUI) - DUI can encompass either alcohol or drugs. The drugs can be either prescribed or illegal. Ultimately, the influence results in a driver who is too impaired to drive.
When Do You Contact
A Tampa Criminal Defense
Lawyer Regarding Driving Under The Unfluence?
Driving Under The Influence in the State of Florida can lead to a Felony Charge. Anyone charged with DUI in Tampa should seek immediate counsel with a Tampa criminal defense lawyer.
What is Driving Under the Influence (DUI)?
DUI can encompass either alcohol or drugs. The drugs can be either prescribed or illegal. Ultimately, the influence results in a driver who is too impaired to drive. It is important to be aware of strict time limits after being charged with a DUI, it is important to reach out to a Licensed Florida DUI Attorney to know your rights.
What are the Penalties of a DUI?
In Florida the penalties vary, for example, if you are charged with a common DUI, it is a misdemeanor and this does not qualify as a felony. A common DUI is not a felony because you are considered a first time offenders and the maximum jail sentence is of 6-9 months. DUIs range in severity depending on the situation. DUI manslaughter & leaving the scene of the accident is a first degree felony with a potential fine up to $10,000 and a prison sentence up to 30 years. DUI Manslaughter is a second degree felony with a fine up to $10,000 and a prison sentence up to 15 years. Third DUI within 10 Years or DUI with Injury is a third degree felony with a fine up to $5,000 and prison sentence up to 5 years.
DUI / DWI
Should I Hire a Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Florida’s penalties for aggravated DUI & BUI are severe and our Tampa criminal defense lawyers examine carefully every element of your case to provide you with the best possible defense at this difficult point in your life. Furthermore, defending DUI & BUI charges requires the understanding of complex defenses which are unique to these types of cases. Contacting a criminal defense attorney early on ensures you’re not missing out from defenses that may not be available later on down the line.
All cases vary and the defenses for each are unique to thier situation. it would be near impossible to list all the potential defenses to DUI & BUI, however below are some of the more popular defenses:
- Challenging improper requests for blood or urine tests;
- Contesting the State’s evidence regarding the identity of the driver, or whether the driver was in “actual physical control” of the vehicle;
- Challenging invalid results and procedures used in breath tests, urine tests, or blood tests;
- Contesting whether the defendant was in possession his or her “normal faculties;”
- Exposing bias and inaccuracies of investigating police officers;
- Excluding certain types law enforcement testimony from trial;
- Identifying improper administration of field sobriety exercises;
- Suppressing evidence due to invalid traffic stops or requests for field sobriety exercises;
- Suppressing evidence due to lack of implied consent warnings;
- Suppressing evidence due to improper testing.
DUI Charges with Blood Alcohol Level of .08% to .15%:
DUI Charges with Blood Alcohol Level Above .15% or With a Minor Child in the Vehicle:
Finding a DUI or BUI Attorney In Tampa
If you have been charged with a DUI and BUI and you're in need of legal help, contact a criminal defense lawyer at The Law Office of Mahmud Yennes. We will work hard on your case!Free Consultation