”Drug Cultivation - The growing of plants that are classified as controlled substances. Generally refers to the illegal growing of plants like marijuana, opium, and other types of intoxicants or hallucinogenic plants.
When Do You Contact
A Tampa Criminal Defense
Lawyer Regarding Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation?
Aggravated assault and aggravated battery are both felonies in the State of Florida. Anyone charged with aggravated assault or aggravated battery in Tampa should seek immediate counsel with a Tampa criminal defense lawyer.
What is Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation?
Drug manufacturing laws - These laws make it illegal to grow, produce, or possess plants with naturally occurring substances that are used in the production of illegal drugs and controlled substances; and the production of illegal substances such as cocaine which are derived from these plants
Drug cultivation - Also known as the crime of growing plants that are classified as controlled substances. generally refered to as the illegal growing of plants like marijuana, opium, and other types of intoxicants or hallucinogens.
What are the penalties of Drug Crimes?
The simple possession of certain drugs can result in misdemeanor charges, punishable by criminal fine and/or a jail sentence of less than one year. In comparison, possession/cultivation or manufacturing with the intent to distribute can be charged as a felony, and punishable by higher fines and a prison sentence of longer than one year.
Should I Hire a Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Florida’s penalties for Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation can be severe and our Tampa criminal defense lawyers examine carefully every element of your case to provide you with the best possible defense at this difficult point in your life. Furthermore, defending Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation charges requires the understanding of complex defenses which are unique to these types of cases. Contacting a criminal defense attorney early on ensures you’re not missing out from defenses that may not be available later on down the line.
All cases vary and the defenses for each are unique to thier situation. it would be near impossible to list all the potential defenses to Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation, however below are some of the more popular defenses:
- Absence of probable cause to obtain a warrant;
- Absence of a warrant;
- Defective warrant;
- Unlawful execution of a search warrant;
- Stale information forming the basis of the warrant;
- Exceeding the scope of the search authorized by the warrant;
- Invalid consent to search;
- Coercive “knock and talk;”
- “Constructive entry” during knock and talk;
- Exceeding the scope of a consensual search;
- Unlawful arrest or detention;
- Absence of exigent circumstances;
- Controlled substances not in plain view;
- Warrantless search within the “curtilage” of a residence;
- Miranda violations;
- Right to counsel violations;
- Overly broad search incident to arrest;
- Overly broad protective sweep;
- Use of unlawful police tactics constituting a “search.”
Finding a Drug Crime or Narcotic Offense Lawyer In Tampa
If you have been charged with Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation and you're in need of legal help, contact a criminal defense lawyer at The Law Office of Mahmud Yennes. We will work hard on your case!Free Consultation