Say, “I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots And from the evil of an envier when he envies.”
—Updated 3/25/2020 12:30 PM —
When it comes to playing its role in preventing the spread of Covid-19, The Law Office of Mahmud Yennes, PLLC has decided to take action.
The Law Firm is closing its physical office in Tampa for much of the rest of March in an effort to stem the spread of the deadly virus behind the pneumonia-causing disease.
By Wednesday Afternoon (3/25/2020), more than 19,784 people across the world had died from Covid-19, and known infections climbed toward 441,187– with nearly 26,395 in New York and 1,467 in Florida alone. Worldwide, nearly 441,187 were believed to have been infected by the virus, with about half of those in China.
Our firm will remain open throughout this period (remotely), we will also extend our hours to accommodate those in need.
Local Information (Tampa, Hillsborough County)
- Courts have begun restricting access, to find out more click here.
- As of today, The White House has advised people not to gather in groups of more than 10.
- 3/19/2020 – FLORIDA COURTS – The Chief Justice has issued a new statewide administrative order to the state courts as they face the COVID pandemic health emergency. The order defines “essential” and “critical” court proceedings and directs the state courts to give them priority over other cases. It requires that these proceedings be conducted in a way that minimizes the risk of COVID virus exposure. And it orders that non-essential and non-critical court proceedings be rescheduled, postponed, or canceled unless they can be effectively conducted using remote technology.
Hillsborough County Schools
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Hillsborough County Solid Waste is suspending all Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection events until further noticed. The County is researching alternative ways to collect household hazardous waste. Residents are asked to properly store their HHW until the County develops alternate HHW disposal options. All waste paints and electronics can still be disposed of at all County Community Collection Centers, Monday through Saturday from 7:30 AM to 5 PM.If disposed of improperly, household hazardous waste can be harmful to humans, wildlife, and the environment. Hazardous waste should never be thrown into the trash, poured down the drain, storm sewers, or on the ground. While the County finds alternatives to collecting household hazardous waste, it’s important to reduce waste by buying only what’s needed.
- Hillsborough County Public Utilities has temporarily suspended all customer walk-in service activities at the Brandon Service Center, Northdale Service Center, and Twiggs Administrative locations until further notice.
Public utility payments – Payment Service Options:
- The drive-through at the Brandon Service Center, 332 N. Falkenburg Road in Tampa, will remain open from 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday
- Payments can be dropped off in the night depository boxes located at the front of the Brandon and Northdale buildings
- 24 hour online payment services HCFLGov.net/Water
- Pay-by-phone at (813) 276-8526
- Pay at any Florida AMSCOT location (invoice required)
- Hillsborough County Senior Centers are closed
- Seniors who attend dining centers/congregate meal sites, receive services through adult day care centers, or receive home delivered meals, please call (813) 272-5160, for information about the continuation of services
Consumer & Veteran’s Affairs
- The Rear Admiral LeRoy Collins, Jr. Veterans Museum, 3602 U.S. 301 N. in Tampa, is closed. Veterans Memorial Park remains open at this time.
- All appointments and interviews for services offered by Consumer & Veterans Services will be conducted over the phone at (813) 635-8316
- Head Start and Early Head Start centers are closed until at least March 27. This is in step with closing decisions made by Hillsborough County Public Schools.
- Healthy Living Centers are closed.
- All Hillsborough County Libraries are Closed
Hillsborough County is limiting the intake of dogs and cats at the Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center and making other changes to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 coronavirus. The changes include the following:
- Except for cases involving injury, severe neglect, or animal bites, the Pet Resource Center is suspending the intake of animals
- Animal Control is suspending response to stray animal calls but will continue to respond to calls of injured or sick stray animals, and complaints of cruelty and neglect, bites, and dangerous and aggressive dogs
- The Pet Resource Center will remain open to the public, including for pet adoptions, but with reduced hours. New hours are noon to 4 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and 2 to 6 PM on Wednesdays and Fridays. The shelter will be closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- All adoption fees for dogs and cats are waived as are fees for reclaiming a lost animal
- Residents can choose a dog or cat for adoption online and have the animal delivered to their home in Hillsborough County for free
Shelter officials also are putting out an urgent plea for pet foster parents who can commit to fostering a dog or cat for 2 to 4 weeks. Prospective volunteers should call the shelter at (813) 744-5660.
Parks & Recreation and Conversations & Lands Management
- Hillsborough County Recreation Centers are closed, however parks are open at this time
- Splash pads are closed
- All special events hosted at recreation centers and parks are cancelled
- All shelter rentals at parks are not permitted. Current reservations will be cancelled and will receive a full refund.
- Hillsborough County Conservation Parks are open at this time, however all programming and events at the parks are cancelled
- All water coolers have been removed from Conservation Parks
- The Lithia Springs Conservation Park swimming area is closed
- County Skate Parks are open at this time
- All athletic activities held at County parks/facilities (youth, adult, and leagues) are cancelled. See league information.
- After-school care and Spring Break camps are cancelled – (Please note: payments for after-school care, paid in advance, will be credited for the weeks closed)
- All volunteer classes and events are cancelled
- Apollo Beach Nature Preserve and Camp Bayou Nature Preserve are closed to vehicle traffic. They remain open for walk-in patrons
- Though recreation centers within all Hillsborough County parks are closed, there are available restrooms in all the staffed parks listed below. These restrooms will remain open, cleaned, and monitored during normal business hours. Restrooms at non-staffed sites will be closed until further notice.
- All Community Resource Centers will close beginning Wednesday, March 18, until April 13
Support Local Businesses
Restaurant | Food | Pastries
- Pastries N Chaat Restaurant (Indian Biriyani Restaurant)
- Hours: 11:30 AM to 9:15 PM
- Delivery – Yes
- Pickup – Yes
- Website: www.pastriesnchaat.com
- Phone: 1 (813) 512-2632
- ZAUQ Indian and Pakistani Restaurant
- Hours: 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Delivery – Yes
- Pickup – Yes
- Website: http://zauqtampa.com
- Phone: 1 (813) 443-1720