In the event that you or a loved one feel that You have been infected with COVID-19, Remember to take extreme precaution.
Where Can I Get Tested?
Raymond James Stadium Test Site
Hillsborough County officials will open this site at 8 a.m. Wednesday. If the county does not receive more tests and protective gear, it will close after exhausting its supply of 900 swabs.
Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
- You must call the county’s main information line at (813) 272-5900 to complete a virtual screening ahead of time. Only patients who meet certain criteria and receive a confirmation email will be authorized to go to the Raymond James site. “You can’t just drive up,” Merrill said. The test will be free, Merrill said. “We’re not concerned about cost at this time,” he said. “We’ve made arrangements for the county to take care of the cost and track the billing for reimbursement. We don’t want the drive-thru process to get bogged down.”
BayCare Health Systems (Drive-Through)
9 a.m. to noon, seven days a week
- Pinellas: BayCare Urgent Care, 900 Carillon Parkway, Suite 106, St. Petersburg.
- Pasco: BayCare Urgent Care, 4821 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
- Polk: BayCare Urgent Care, 36245 U.S. 27, Haines City.
A doctor’s referral is encouraged. In order to get tested, a person must currently have a fever, a cough or shortness of breath and meet one of these additional requirements:
- Traveled internationally or on a cruise.
- Traveled to or from California, Washington, Oregon or New York. These are areas of widespread community transmission.
- Had personal close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Must be 65 or older with a serious chronic health condition, such as heart disease or cancer.
- They are considered immunocompromised.
Tampa General Hospital Urgent Care Clinics
Call ahead for hours.
- 4505 Gunn Highway, Tampa.
- 799 W Lumsden Road, Brandon.
- Testing is only available for patients who meet clinical guidelines. Patients can call (813) 925-1903 and a customer service representative will conduct a screening interview. Those who meet the criteria will be seen and evaluated and the appropriate test will be performed.
Call ahead for hours.
- AdventHealth Tampa: 3100 E Fletcher Ave. Patients may be tested at the hospital or an AdventHealth Medical Group physician office, depending on the case.
- AdventHealth Tampa uses a machine to test patients with a physician’s order who meet criteria established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Testing at this location is “on demand” for the hospital’s more serious cases, spokeswoman Ashley Jeffery said.
- AdventHealth is using three other unannounced sites to swab patients and collect samples. To be eligible, you must be referred by an AdventHealth primary care physician. If someone meets the criteria for testing, their physician will connect them with a testing site and a team member there will give the patient instructions on what to do next.
Bayfront Health Medical Group
11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, 701 Sixth St. S, St. Petersburg. The testing site is on the east side of the hospital.
- Testing is only for patients who have been referred by their Bayfront Health Medical Group physician. To qualify, a patient must show symptoms of COVID-19 — fever, couch or difficulty breathing — and have other risk factors.
This notice is effective on March 25, 2020.
The Page is provided by the Law Office of Mahmud Yennes, PLLC