This article provides an overview of what to do when your roof claim is denied by your insurance company, and how to appeal the decision with the help of a lawyer from The Law Office of Mahmud Yennes, PLLC. It covers common reasons why claims are denied, the process of appealing, and the importance of hiring a lawyer with experience in denied roof claims. The article also includes a call-to-action to contact the law firm for a free consultation.
If you’ve recently had a roof claim denied by your insurance company, you may be feeling frustrated and confused. After all, you pay your insurance premiums each month with the expectation that you’ll be covered in the event of damage to your home. So what do you do when your claim is denied?
First, it’s important to understand why claims are denied. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, and they do so by collecting premiums and paying out as few claims as possible. There are several reasons why a claim might be denied, including:
- The damage is not covered by your policy. Make sure to carefully read your policy and understand what is and isn’t covered.
- The damage is not severe enough to warrant a payout. Insurance companies will only pay out if the damage is significant enough.
- The damage is not caused by a covered event. For example, if your roof is damaged by a storm, but your policy doesn’t cover storm damage, your claim will be denied.
- The damage is caused by your own neglect. If you don’t properly maintain your roof and it becomes damaged as a result, your claim will likely be denied.
- The insurance company believes the damage is caused by fraudulent activities.
If your claim is denied, you should receive a letter from the insurance company explaining the reason for the denial. If you don’t understand the reason or disagree with it, you can appeal the decision.
When you appeal, you should include any additional evidence you have to support your claim. This might include photographs of the damage, estimates from contractors, or reports from engineers. It is also important to remain calm and professional when communicating with the insurance company.
It’s also important to remember that you have the right to hire a lawyer to help you navigate the appeal process. An experienced attorney can help you understand your rights, gather evidence to support your claim, and communicate with the insurance company on your behalf.
In the end, it is important to remember that insurance companies are not always on your side and often will look for any loophole to deny your claim. Keep in mind that hiring a lawyer with experience in denied roof claims can increase your chances of a successful appeal. If you are having trouble with a denied roof claim or have any questions, please contact The Law Office of Mahmud Yennes, PLLC at (813) 461-4473 or email us at mylawtampa.com. We are here to help you through the process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.